HPW VIRTUAL NEO IS NOW 2 DAYS! The Thrive Workshop, Director’s Corner Spotlight, and HR Safety & Security are excited to be a part of the HPW Virtual NEO agenda. 13 HR compliance trainings are a prerequisite to have successfully completed in TMS prior to joining virtual NEO provided to you in your report to work slip. Please make note of the change and share with others.
"Together We Create a Strong Foundation for Houston to Thrive".
Welcome to the Houston Public Works NEW Employee Orientation (NEO) information pages!
These pages are intended to be an additional resource to help you find answers to your questions about Houston Public Works. The information captured here is what is shared at Houston Public Works New Employee Orientation. If you have questions outside of the information provided here, please let us know by calling or email us:
Some preliminary things to know as a full-time new hire probationary employee as you begin your career with the City of Houston:
- Full-time new hires are on probation for 1 year.
- New hires have 30 days from hire date to make benefit enrollment selections
- In addition to HPW NEO, new hires will need to also take City NEO within 30 days of their hire date
- New hires will need to have a Houston Employee Assessment Review (HEAR) Plan established within 30 days of their hire date
- Please program these numbers into your phone:
Employee Emergency Hotline 832-395-2000
Media Hotline 832-395-3400.