"Together We Create a Strong Foundation for Houston to Thrive".
Welcome to the Houston Public Works NEW Employee Information (NEO) information pages!
These pages are intended to be an additional resource to help you find answers to your questions about Houston Public Works. The information captured here is what is shared at Houston Public Works New Employee Orientation. If you have questions outside of the information provided here, please let us know by calling or email us:
Some preliminary things to know as a full-time new hire probationary employee as you begin your career with the City of Houston:
- Full-time new hires are on probation for 1 year.
- New hires will need to set up their personal Employee Self-Service (ESS) profile
- New hires have 30 days from hire date to make benefit enrollment selections
- New hires are to set up banking and direct deposit immediately upon ESS registration completion
- In addition to HPW NEO, new hires will need to also take City NEO within 30 days of their hire date
- New hires will need to have a Houston Employee Assessment Review (HEAR) Plan established within 30 days of their hire date
- Please program these numbers into your phone:
Employee Emergency Hotline 832-395-2000
Media Hotline 832-395-3400.