"Together We Create a Strong Foundation for Houston to Thrive".
Welcome to the Houston Public Works NEW Employee Information (NEO) information pages!
These pages are intended to be an additional resource to help you find answers to your questions about Houston Public Works. The information captured here is what is shared at Houston Public Works New Employee Orientation. If you have questions outside of the information provided here, please let us know by calling or email us:
Laura Montemayor Program Manager/Facilitator: 832-395-2815 (Houston Public Works New Employee Orientation Team)
Some preliminary things to know as a full-time new hire probationary employee as you begin your career with the City of Houston:
- Full-time new hires are on probation for 1 year.
- New hires will need to set up their personal Employee Self-Service (ESS) profile
- New hires have 30 days from hire date to make benefit enrollment selections
- New hires are to set up banking and direct deposit immediately upon ESS registration completion
- In addition to HPW NEO, new hires will need to also take City NEO within 30 days of their hire date
- New hires will need to have a Houston Employee Assessment Review (HEAR) Plan established within 30 days of their hire date
- Please program these numbers into your phone:
Employee Emergency Hotline 832-395-2000
Media Hotline 832-395-3400.
How do I set up my personal Employee Self-Service (ESS) profile?
Answer: Except on Mondays, new hires may be able to complete registration of ESS within 7 to 10 business days after their effective date.
- Visit the website: https://portal.houstontx.gov/irj/portal to complete ESS registration
- Contact the Houston Information Technology Systems Department (HITS) if you need a new password 832-394-4487 or [email protected]
What information can I find on my personal Employee Self-Service (ESS) profile?
Answer: ESS has information about your benefits and compensation. It is also a resource for accessing departmental information and policies and City information and links (TMS, LDC).
Where do I go for general City of Houston help and information (reporting traffic signal problems, potholes, finding a city resource, paying a compliment, etc.)?
Answer: 311 or 713-837-0311 or [email protected] or download the 311 app.
Where can I find specific information about the Houston Public Works Department?
Answer: By accessing the Houston Public Works Employee Portal at insidehoustonpublicworks.org or via the City of Houston web site under Government -> Departments.
|Need More Answers?|
|City of Houston Contacts|
|Employee Rights FAQs|
|Office 365 Quickstart Guides|
|Employee Assistance Program|
|Houston Financial Empowerment Center|